ABOUT LEGACY TKD ACADEMY
Legacy TKD Martial Arts Academy is a family own business.
We are 3 generations of blacks belts. We continue to study under Grandmaster Patricia Rodriguez & President of Latin American Martial Arts Educational Institute Grandmaster Juan Rodriguez.
We believe everyone should have the opportunity to affordable martial arts training. Being raised in Pilsen I understand the amount of limited activities in the neighborhood. Our prices are very affordable and we will work with families who have limited income resources & offer very affordable payment plans.
Our mission is to provide a safe environment for the community where we educate our students & their families on living a healthy lifestyle by not only taking care of your bodies through the physical but also the mental and spiritual through the philosophy of the traditional Korean Martial Art of TaeKwonDo.
10 ESSENTIAL TIPS FOR BEGINNERS
1. Leave the ego at the door no one is better than anyone here, we are all human therefore treat others as you would like to be treated.
2. Remember that this is a safe space where someone was once a beginner just like you & we are a judgment free zone.
3. Make sure all jewelry is removed for safety purposes.
4. Make sure you wear comfortable clothing for your first class.
5. Remember that this is a contact sport and like in all contact sports you may or may not have bumps & bruises.
6. Taekwondo is also an art , therefore you will also learn the art and philosophy of Taekwondo.
7. This is not a Ninja Program but you will be taught a deadly art & should not be mishandled.
8. Keep your mind open to learn.
9. Turn off all electronic devices as it's disrespectful when instructor is giving a class.
10. HAVE FUN!